Thursday, 17 July 2008

Artfully Asian

Good thursday morning to you all. I'm keeping myself occupied this morning because I'm off to hospital later for radioactive iodine treatment on my over active thyroid and although the treatment itself is nothing to worry about, you just never quite know how it'll affect you afterwards and there could be a period of instability for a while so it was quite an important decision to take. Anyway, enough of that and on to today's card! This one is for MTTC which is called Artfully Asian this week. I decided to use up some card I printed off from Joanna Sheen's Oriental Dreams CDs for Rainbow Lady's challenge from last week and put peel off kimonos onto a piece and used some more of it it to create a background with some foil card that I put through the paisley cuttlebug folder thus mixing my Asian cultures a little! There's a new tip on my tutorial and tips blog regarding this patterned foil card if you want to have a look. Thanks for visiting today.
Ann x

18 comments:

  1. A lovely oriental style card Ann. I hope your treatment at the hospital goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Ann, as always the colours are fantastic
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the best with your appt. today Ann, will be thinking of you. :)
    Your card is lush. Really stands out and I love the colour scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab oriental card, love the silver and red together. Wishing you well today with your treatment - hope it goes smoothly for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ann, all I can say is peel offs have never looked so amazing, lovely card! Good luck with the treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very striking card! Good look with your treatment and thanks for joining in with the MTTC challenge :o) Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Ann this is gorgeous
    love the colours red n gold
    hope all goes well this afternoon at hospital
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely Ann and such a good way to use those bits up. I have lots too.

    Hope all went well this pm.
    Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is just perfect ... love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card, thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge. I hope the treatment went well too xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooooh I love this one
    great card
    hope your treatment goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ann just nipped on to tell you last weeks entry to This Thursday has been picked as one of our favorites. Love both your asian cards they are stunning

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card Ann. Have checked out the tutorial and the different effects are brilliant.
    Hope the hospital visit went OK.

    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the card hon the colours are so rich, I have underactive thyroid so know what a pain it can be I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That’s beautiful creation and lovely layout.

    Well just to drop by to say " hello " takecare and have a great day
    Regards,
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful...love the asian looks.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning colours, Ann, I love the card.
    Hope you are ok after your treatment and thank you for leaving your comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card, great colours, hope you are well. Gail xx

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x