Sunday, 20 July 2008

Anniversary card for Tranquility

Over on Anne's Tranquility blog, she is celebrating her 'blogoversary' with a challenge and one lucky winner will get a 'tranquility surprise'. All she wants us to do is create a piece of artwork in the format of our choice (card, ATC, 4x4, inchie etc) to the theme of anniversary and using just the colours on her blog + white. As it's my brother and sister - in - law's wedding anniversary in august a card for them was the obvious choice. The backing paper came from my stash and I put the two smaller pieces through the cuttlebug. The white pieces were cut on the Robo for the scalloped edges and the largest piece was also put through the cuttlebug. The Hydrangea stamp was coloured first with inktense pencils and the ink activated with water. Once the ink from these pencils has dried it becomes permanent which means that it's possible to add extra colour to the image using either more inktense or any other media without muddying the original colours. In this instance I went over the original colours with twinkling H2Os. It hasn't hidden the original colours but has given them extra depth and shading and a lovely, subtle shimmer. It's definitely a technique I'll use again. I mounted the hydrangea image using silicone glue. A few pre-made flowers finish it off. I brought the whole together using the sketch on this week's Friday Sketchers. Thank you for coming to look.
Ann x

14 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely card Ann, I love the way you've created the hydrangea and your colour scheme is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Ann
    such an inspiration to us all
    im sure your brother will love the card
    wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, love the way you coloured the hydrangea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a beautiful card Ann. I really like the effects you get with the robo.

    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delicious card Ann. Your work is always so professional and imaginative. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful card - love Hydrangeas and you have coloured it perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. brilliant card. hugs rach.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a gorgeous card Ann, the card will be treasured I'm sure.

    Jo
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful creation Ann and I am sure they will love it.
    Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ann I have left you a little something on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Left a little something for you on my blog
    Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x