Sunday, 1 June 2008

Tilda and the british summer!

Today you're finding me with my tongue very firmly stuck in my cheek! I checked out the Tilda and Friends ATC Challenge which this week is called Beside the Sea. My Tilda collection remains at one stamp and she is most definitely not dressed for the seaside - so I put my thinking cap on and decided that if I was going to enter this one, humour would have to be the order of the day. I created a quick sun, sky, sea and sand background using twinkling H2Os and got the waves for the sea and spades and little piles of sand using parts of stamps from the Joanna Sheen On the Beach stamp set painting them directly with twinkling H2Os. I stamped Tilda onto shrink plastic with stone grey stazon and coloured her with chalks and a sakura clear stardust pen. I drew beads of perspiration on by hand and added a dash of the sakura pen to make them 'gleam' - if you click on the picture to make it bigger you should just about be able to see them. Then I used my ATC to make a picture postcard. I stamped around the edge of the postcard with stamps from the See D's beach morsels set and brilliance pearlescent sky blue ink. I think this also fits in with the "summer" challenge over on Funky Faries Challenge blog and because I've never shrunk Tilda before or used her as part of a beach scene, I think I'll be cheeky and enter her in my own challenge over on Rainbow Lady's Challenge blog this week! Thank you for stopping by, but if you'll just excuse me I think I'll see if I can find a good surgeon for removal of tongue from cheek.............
Ann x

16 comments:

  1. Great take on this challenge Ann. I love your ideas. Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very apt I think! Love your sense of humour and your work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous, and I'm with Tilda for the weather forecast! thanks for joining in the fun with us this week. annie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tilda probably lives on the west coast of Scotland ... as the weather changes that quick here!!! Brilliant card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant Ann, really made me giggle...I would say Tilda is ideally dressed for the British summer LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really made me smile - how apt! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow such a wonderful card.
    Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! I live in France (Brittany) and it is sun one minute and rain the next so it's very appropriate!

    Love how you've created the scene and put the mini Tilda in it. Great imagination!

    Thanks for joining the Funky Fairy Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card and I love all that stamping aruond the edge.

    Many thanks for joining in with us on the Funky Fairy chalenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very imaginative use of the image - and a very true description of our weather

    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card - funny too :o)

    Thanks for joining the funky fairies this week xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bless...that made me laugh! It's great!! ^.^


    Thanks for joining the Funky Fairy challenge this week x

    ReplyDelete
  13. very original, great frame !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Ann, this did make me smile! How unique and how clever of you to make Tilda fit this challenge. I just love all of it, stamps, colours and humour, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  15. lovely colours you have used and the image is excellent for this challenge adding teh bit of watercolouring makes it even more of a yesteryears image.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A very clever way to get in the challenge but it's also a fab. card. I love the background done with H20's. The text brings it all together for a great card.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x