Tuesday, 17 June 2008

Sunshine and Flowers

Monday saw the launch of a new weekly challenge on the Joanna Sheen Forum and this week's subject is "sunshine and flowers". Inspiration for this one came to me as I was stripping paint off the stairs (as it does!!) and for some reason I thought of the land of the rising sun. This card is quite a departure for me because I have worked directly onto the base card and I'm not sure if I've ever done that before! Perhaps I should confess at this point, dear reader, that this has as much to do with cowardice as the fact that I like the effect of matting on a card!! I made a circular stencil and sponged all three colours of the brilliance aurora inkpad through it then added a little of the darkest of the three colours to create a slight 'aura' effect after I removed the stencil. The stamps for the lantern and blossom are from one of Joanna Sheen's oriental stamp sets and I painted them with ink from the same inkpad along with the greens from the brilliance peacock inkpad. I have decoupaged the blossoms and added a coin to embellish. The 'with love and best wishes' stamp is from a rubbadubbadoo set and just seemed to fit this design perfectly. Thank you for coming to look today
Ann x

7 comments:

  1. Ann this really is a fabulous card, beautifully done and what a wonderful idea/design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous card Ann and perfect for Joanna's first challenge. Glad to see you back again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Ann, I love the eastern influence, wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous - I too love the way you have interpreted this. very clever and a beautiful card.

    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Ann - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a lovely card Ann. The sun brilliant, (no pun intended) and the card has a great oriental look. Hope to get back into the swing of things until the next lot of visitors arrive.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x