Saturday, 21 June 2008

A Star is Born

Rainbow Lady's challenge has another guest designer this week and Dawn has chosen 'A star is born' as the theme. This one really got my brain working! I'm not really into making cards with images of famous people on them so had to think of something else. Then I remembered this - I'm not sure if it strictly fits Dawn's criteria but it does feature the "star" in my life and does mention the year of his birth!! I made this squash book using photos taken on our first holiday together about 3 years ago and had started with the background card so made the photos sepia in tone. The card is double sided matt photo card and I used twinkling H2Os to create the background - because the card has a coating the effect is quite interesting and I didn't know what to expect but liked what I got. I did some stamping directly onto the prepared card and some onto vellum. The stamps were all from rubbadubbadoo. I used gold mirri card for the covers and mounted a stamped image of a champagne bottle onto the front one and used gold organza ribbon to keep it closed. Thanks Dawn - you taxed the grey cells with this one and thank you for popping by today and I hope you have a lovely weekend.

10 comments:

  1. This is fantastic Ann, brilliant idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely Ann and so nice to see a picture of your own real life STAR. Thanks for joining in again.
    Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ann this is stunning, you have put so much work in to it too. You have captured the challenge perfectly, your star is who you want it to be and this is lovely.
    Thanks for taking part...

    Hugs

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a creative piece - love that you have shared your 'Star' with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous Ann, well done on creating such a unique piece of art for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant Ann what a perfect choice for "A star is born"

    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant idea Ann. Fabulous card too, I think it is perfect for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely idea. A great keepsake and I'm sure he's chuffed to bits to be thought of as your Star.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous creation - I just love it.

    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's brilliant Ann, well done on even thinking about it...let alone making it into such a stunning creation!

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x