Sunday, 8 June 2008

"Life's most beautiful things.....

...are not seen with the eyes but felt with the heart" That is what the script at the bottom of this arch card says and it's oh so true! The challenge over on Rainbow Lady's Challenge blog this week is "monochrome rainbow" again for us to choose our second colour. I've chosen yellow this time and I seem to have come over all philosophical! (Big word for a sunday afternoon!) I cut out the card blank, smaller arch and scalloped mat for the smaller arch using the craft robo. Then I used a variety of shades of yellow in different types of inks (brilliance, stazon & chalk) and three shades of twinkling H2Os to create the backgrounds using sponging and stippling. Then I used the chalk ink to stamp the flourishes and the stazon to stamp the script. The winged heart was embossed with sprinkle and sparkle embossing powder and the flower started out white but I changed the colour with twinkling H2Os. I used a quickie glue pen to put a very fine line of mustard glitter around the edge of the two inked/painted arches - which took a little patience thanks to the lovely shimmery background I managed to create! Since I finished it, I've discovered that it's also suitable for four other challenges: Arty Girlz - paint, Created Byhand - wings, DCM - Quoted by and Scrummy Stash Cafe - layer it. Handy really since I'm not getting as much time as I'd like for challenges just now! Thanks for dropping by today
Ann x

16 comments:

  1. My oh my what a stunning card Ann and so many challenges are met with it. I don't know how you keep up with them all! This is magnificent. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow wow wow this is absolutely stunning. Great piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautfiul colourings and lovely arches. The words are so true too. I think we now share the Queen of Challenges title with 5 in one go.
    Love Cynthia x thanks for playing along again xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a beautiful card and well done for making it to cover all those challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous work!! Thanks for taking part in the scrummy stash cafe challenge. :)

    Vanessa.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colours Anne
    all very cleverly done by you,your work is an inspiration to me thankyou
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really gorgeous piece - the colour intensity is divine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful!!! love the colours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous arch love the colour.
    hanks for joining in with the Arty Girlz challenge.

    crissi xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Ann and a beautiful sentiment. Love the colours you've used and well done on completing all those challenges with this card. Nice to see you finding time to post again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh lovely card! Thanks for taking part in our challenge! Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ann, the colours on this card are great. It's a lovely card and it looks like the Craft Robo is earning it's keep.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yellow is my favorite colour but one I find hard to work with, I love the way you have used it here.

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x