Thursday, 24 April 2008

Rainbow monochrome green

Well I have to be honest - there are other things that I'm supposed to be doing this morning (like psyching myself up ready for my dental appointment this afternoon for starters!!) but as soon as I saw Rainbow Lady's Challenge this week, that was it - I knew immediately what I wanted to do so everything stopped till I did it! I love going onto the stampscapes galleries and there's so much I want to experiment with and this was a perfect opportunity. Cynthia wants us to choose one of the rainbow colours and create something with just shades of that one colour - the only other colour allowed is black for the stamping. I created this picture with five of the stamps and a little bit of masking. I stamped with black stazon onto semi glossy card then sponged over with 6 shades of whispers archival green inks. I haven't mounted it onto card yet to keep within the spirit of Cynthia's challenge because I want to put gold mirri between the picture and the green card I rested it on for the photo. I loved doing this and hope I get better at this technique with a bit more practise. Thank you for coming to look.
Ann x

12 comments:

  1. Not quite sure what to say about this one except WOW WOW WOW Fantastic Ann. You are doing so well with the Stampscapes. I am glad you love them as much as I do. I must get that church too.
    Thanks for joining in again instead of doing other stuff lol Good luck later today.
    Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely gorgeous - love your monochromatic creation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Ann, those stamps are so detailed, really lovely. The different shades of green are perfect for this. Hope today goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful. I love the stamped image & the clever way you've used more than one stamp.
    Sharon :-)x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a stamping inspiration, very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw this card the other day when I was on line briefly and didn't have time to comment but now I'm back to tell you how lovely it is. I would love a picture like this on my wall.

    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ann it is just exquisite, really love this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Ann, wow !!! This is real art work - so brilliant - WOW !!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Truly exquisite. Is this an image of an actual area? It feels really tucked away and Lake District-like. Please let me know if you have time -I'd really appreciate it. Thanks for sharing a beautiful card.
    SammieJay

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x