Wednesday, 2 April 2008

Perfect Timing


Morning all - it's a nice change for me to be posting in the morning, although I must confess to originally planning this one for yesterday but the day ran away from me! I've finally made a breakthrough with the craft robo and have created some scalloped templates so I am quite chuffed with myself for that - still a long way to go but at last I feel that I'm doing things by design rather than accident or by using a template created by someone else and because I was so pleased with myself I was determined to make use of one of them with my new purchase of two unmounted stampscape sets that arrived yesterday - I have long admired Cynthia's (Rainbow Lady) work with these and finally got around to getting some and I am dedicating this first piece to her for all the inspiration she has given me. You will find examples of her work in the archives on her blog. You might wonder what all this has to do with the title of today's post - well, having made the card I discovered that it fits in perfectly with the Papertake Weekly Challenge this week which is called 'Making Waves' and we are to use scallops or zig zags and also with the Wednesday Stamper challenge which is trees - perfect! I stamped the images in versafine onyx black and coloured the picture with Derwent inktense pencils. Thank you for coming to look and I hope you enjoy it.

Ann x

27 comments:

  1. Ooh invisible card Ann it is so lovely lol I think the Invisible man would like it lol
    Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Ann, now I am blushing. Thank you so much for the dedication and what a fabulous card you have created. I love the chapel, one I don't yet have.
    Can't wait to see more of these.
    Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning Ann - well done on using the Robo for scallops! I admire anyone who can get to grips with the Robo!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, love the frame seems so right for this stamped piece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card, wonderful stamp and perfect colouring

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ann, this is simply gorgeous, the stamp is lovely, the colouring is beautiful and well done on the scallop edges. Go Robo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Picture perfect...makes me want to step right into the scene!
    Creatively Yours, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the whole framed picture effect. I love stamp scape stamps too.

    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fantastic card, you could easily frame it!!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous card, love your trees.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your colors are subtle and perfect and your composition is beautiful! What a lovely piece!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh ! lovely ! image, ribbon, composition... very beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card Ann! Lovely scene! Thanks for joining us for the challenge! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning card great work ,Dawnxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so peaceful and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW i feel like i am in the picture
    lovely card Ann
    wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ann it's a beautiful masterpiece, think I will have to keep coming back to have another look at this wonderful card, I really love it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Perfect, Ann! Such soft colours.

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x