Saturday, 5 April 2008

Miniature art


Hello and I hope you're having a great saturday. I can't believe that I haven't been able to post since wednesday! I won't bore you with why, but I've had so many things to interfere with my crafting and blogging this week, that to get this card made and posted feels like a release. This one is for Rainbow Lady's challenge and it's a while since I used shrink plastic but I've enjoyed making this. I used two of my new stampscapes stamps to create this scene, stamping the main cove image with stone grey stazon and the clouds with prussian blue chalk ink. Then I added extra shades of blue with 3 different shades of dry chalks - just sweeping the colours in from the edges with a cotton wool ball. I'm thrilled with the clarity of the shrunk piece. (You can see it in more detail if you click on the picture.) I created the scalloped circles and easel in the design master software and cut them out using the craft robo. I feel like I'm getting to grips with the robo now and have designed a few things over the last couple of days which I'm delighted with because I don't have to worry about copyright! The sentiment is a rubbadubbadoo stamp and a cuttlebug panel and narrow white satin ribbon bow finish it off. Thank you for stretching me yet again Cynthia!

Ann x

9 comments:

  1. Lovely card Ann and so different. Well done with this challenge.

    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is beautiful Ann. I love those clouds and the effect it gives when done on the shrinkie. I haven't tried a scenic one yet. Well done and thanks for joining in.
    Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous idea! Love it Ann - very original!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ann it's wonderful, so artistic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow is all I can say. You should have shown us a picture of before shrinking. If the shrunk piece looked this good, I wonder what the actual one looked like. May be next time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This ones amazing. The image is perfect even though it's shrunk and the colours are fab.

    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well Ann, I think you've chosen the right title, this really is a miniature work of art, well done it's stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous Ann. Love this idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card... the shrink plastic artwork is stunning!

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x