Tuesday, 22 April 2008

Me and my doll are hot and spicy!


Morning all - good to see you! This is my second Gothic Arches challenge and DCM have made it so easy for me! The background for this arch is made up of about 24 Twinkling H2O colours! I was transferring some of each of the colours I have to a watercolour palatte (don't ask!) and painted the excess colour onto my arch before washing the brush out each time. I started with the palest working to the darkest and this is what I was left with - of course, I won't be able to repeat it!! I put it to one side knowing I'd use it sometime and have done all of 2 weeks later! I've over stamped the background with some large flourishes and whispers eggplant dye ink, and the small stamps were stamped using a sakura gold metallic pen directly on the stamp. I thought I was going to struggle with me and my doll till I found this image on the Joanna Sheen Dancing with Shadows CD and the colour way was perfect for my background - I wonder what she's looking at? Of course with this colourway I just have to enter it in DCM's hot and spicy challenge too! Thank you for your visit today.

Ann x

14 comments:

  1. Love this arch and the colours ar wonderful. The image great too, I never thought of using that cd. silly me.
    Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Ann, love the colours and the DWS image. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous arch, the colours are fantastic so rich

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow gorgeous colours Ann really like how you have done this
    DWS always comes up trumps hey
    wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is wonderful. Gorgeous arch.

    I have a great Candy on my Blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh I really like this one Ann, beautiful image and I LOVE the sparkly H2Os, how clever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous background! It's lovely to use something totally unrepeatable sometimes,don't you think?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous background you have created with the H2Os....bet it looks amazing in reality as photos never pick up the true effect of those lovely paints. Looks great with the overstamping and that cute image.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a gorgeous background!

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x