Sunday, 6 April 2008

Inverse Pyramage




I was in a mood to play today and decided to try inverse pyramage - at least I hope I've chosen the right word here! I decided to make a card in the traditional pyramage way of using the same sized images to start with and cutting them down so that you get less of the image as opposed to keeping the image intact and making it increasingly smaller. I've done this before with medallion stamps but not with an image. I made a box frame card as per the tutorial from Papertake Weekly a couple of weeks ago and this frames the inverse pyramage really well. The image I chose is from Joanna Sheen's Victorian Companion CD this has long been one of my favourite CD's so it's a complete mystery that I hadn't noticed this image before this weekend! It lends itself perfectly to add a caption to enter it for the Tanda Teaser challenge this week which is word play. I've backed the caption pieces onto the same card as the backing card for the inverse pyramage and finished the card with two cuttlebug corners. The added bonus is that by cutting the card with a craft knife, it all remains intact so all that's needed is a second base image and you have two cards for the price of one! I haven't got the second one made into a card yet but can show you the topper ready and waiting. Thank you for coming to look and I hope you like it.


Ann x

10 comments:

  1. That is so clever! I haven't noticed this image either must go and look.

    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! im impressed Ann this is lovely,you are so clever wish my brain worked like yours hehe
    wenduy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love pyramage so easy to do and funnly enough posted one on my blog today!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Ann and cleverly done.
    Inverse mainly used in Maths, maybe reverse would fit better here lol
    Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is great but I must be a bit thick. Don't quite understand how you get two from one image. I'll have to think about that a bit longer.

    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is lovely. Just wish I knew where to start with something like this. I do the normal pyromgage and normal decoupage but would certainly like to try something different.

    Kym aka Pintsizeholly as a Sheenie

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so effective - beautiful! This is one of the CD's I don't yet have of Joanna's, you have moved it further up the wish list! Thanks for joining us in the Tanda Teaser again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card!

    www.tiina38.vuodatus.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ann, you really are very clever, this is such a unique idea. Oh an by the way...it's GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful card, great idea! I don't recall that lovely image either!

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x