Wednesday, 23 April 2008

A Card For Four Challenges

Hi everyone, with precious little time to craft just now, I'm trying to make it all count! With that in mind, I designed this card to meet four challenges. The sketch challenge on Papertake Weekly, the Tutti Fruitti on My Time to Craft, Polka Dots on Take Part Make Art and Go green for Created By Hand. I promise that it is greener in real life! The image of the grapes is from Joanna Sheen's Victorian Companion CD set and the backing papers are a mixture of some from my stash of unknown origin and some from a papermania pad that I bought because it was a bargain then wished I hadn't because the colours are too muted for my usual taste and style of card making. I'm relying on you to let me know if I've made them work on this occasion! I could, of course have chosen matching backing papers from the CDs and very nearly did but decided that I had to try and use some of these papers to which I've added a little chalk ink and edged with a silver pentouch pen. Thank you for coming to look.
Ann x

21 comments:

  1. Now who is finding new challenge sites? Lovely card and well done to cover so many challenges.
    Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have made a lovely card in my opinion and it's perfect for all those challenges, you are so clever!!!! Regarding the papers which aren't to your taste, I think they go really well with the JS image and that anything brighter would have been OTT, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is absolutely brilliant. Gorgeous card. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, I love the silver highlights

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card! I personally like the muted papers. Thank you for joining in with the tutti fruitti challenge :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another gorgeous card Ann and I love the colours you've used, I do like muted tones and these are lovely. Joanna's image looks Fab as usual and the whole thing just "works"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card, that image looks so real

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Ann and as I've said before, the challenges make you use stuff and do things you wouldn't normally. Keep up the good work - you'll have to try to beat the challenge record! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A gorgeous card! Love all the details.
    Thanks for joining in
    Becky xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Its a great card, think I have that CD but still in its wrapper!!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful - lots going on and it all works together! Thanks for taking the green part of the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your card. Those green grapes look lucious.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is excellent - you have combined the challenges brilliantly! Thanks for joining the Tutti Fruitti challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card and well done combining all those challenges! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This sketch card is really lovely and something that I didn't have time to try but I think I will have a go for myself if not for a challenge as it's something I've not done before. You've made a lovely job of it and well done for making it fit so many challenges.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x