Tuesday, 8 April 2008

By the sea


Today I'm entering my first Gothic Arches challenge. I've ummed and ahhed about doing one for a while but this weeks theme was one I couldn't resist! It's called By the sea and gave me the chance to use one of my favourite stamp sets - Joanna Sheen's On the Beach - which I jumped at. It's very simple - just stamped with stone grey stazon and watercoloured with twinkling H2Os although unfortunately the lovely shimmer doesn't show so well on the scan. Thank you for coming to look and I hope you like my first effort.
Thank you to Cynthia for pointing out that this also fits the criteria for another challenge - so I'm entering it into the Created Byhand Challenge this week too which is watercolour backgrounds. I'm not getting as much time as I would like for challenges at present so being able to 'double up' means I can still support as many as possible - thank you Cynthia.
Ann x

18 comments:

  1. You are so good at adding colour to your images. This one is another that looks just like a water colour masterpiece. It's lovely.

    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful! I love the stamp you used and I wish the twinkling showed up, but I can't ever make shiny things show up shiny in my postings. Even without the glimmer, though, it is a lovely first entry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Ann I wish I was there. You can enter this for Arty Girlz watercolour challenge this week too.
    Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful arch...your first one too! I love it, so serene and sunny :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. well done Ann for entering this challenge,i must get more confidence in myself,its truly amazing,felt like i was there at the seaside,,,awww i wish ....Love it
    wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, So clever to use the arch, not artistic enough to have thought of doing that! The colours are beautiful and that little one is so cute!
    EuniceX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is lovely. So cute arch. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice arch ! adorable !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I really LOVE this Ann, just my style! That Joanna Sheen's a bit clever perhaps she ought to take it up professionally?

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!! This is sp beautiful. Great work.
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  11. This so sweet! Beautiful image and colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful first arch! Look forward to seeing more of your artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow! I missed this one and it is stunning! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x