Saturday, 26 April 2008

50th Birthday Card

Hope you're all having a great weekend and better weather than us! I've had a lovely couple of days making a special card. My (younger!) brother is 50 in May and is a keen walker so I decided to use that as the theme for his birthday card. I created an open book template in the design master program for my craft robo and cut out two "pages" one slightly smaller than the other and have decorated both. The first picture you see is the finished assembled card and the second one is the bottom layer. I printed parts of maps off the internet for a couple of walks here in the english lake district that I've been forunate enough to call home for the last 52 years and is still my brother's favourite place to walk, for the bottom layer. One is a high walk and the other a lake side walk. For the top layer I created two oval "vignettes" using stampscape stamps and inktense pencils. I have loved doing this and am delighted with the results I can get with these stamps. Thank you for coming to look and I would appreciate your feedback - especially as I've never made this type of card before.
Ann x

6 comments:

  1. Wowee what a wonderful card that is Ann. I love that idea of the open book too, and to be able to personalize like that is super. You really have done well with the stamping - they are great.
    Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous card for your Brother - he will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ann, this is really stunning, I'm sure your brother will love it. You are getting on so well with your Robo and those stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your open book Ann im sure your brother will love it
    wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card and I am in total awe of your wonderful colouring!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a lovely card Ann. I'm sure your brother will love it. It's such a personal thing too with the maps of the lakes district.

    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x