Wednesday, 26 March 2008

Practically Purple


I hope you're all having a good day today and your creative juices are flowing freely. I've decided that I need to get my stamp collection in order - since I started to do these challenges, I'm stamping more often again but can't always remember what I've got!! Before you start worrying about me, perhaps I should mention that about two thirds of them were packed away for almost a year. I've got access to them all again now though and want to make good use of some old favourites so I decided to make a series of notebooks that will be themed so that I can have a look when I need one for a particular purpose. I've decided that I need 4 and this is the first one. I've made it from scratch using my bind-it-all but you could just as easily buy one and alter it. This particular one will fit in with 3 challenges this week Papertake Weekly which is a sketch challenge - the first sketch challenge I've entered, My Time To Craft for which we need to sparkle and Wednesday Stamper where I have full permission to use my favourite colour, purple! I put purple mirri card through the cuttlebug paisley embossing folder for one of the mats and the circle, stamped a montage of some of the images that will be in the book onto the paler purple card using versafine imperial purple ink and highlighted parts of some of the images with a sakura clear stardust pen. Thank you for coming to look and I hope you like it.

Ann x

26 comments:

  1. Love this Ann certainly makes us think "outside the box" doesnt it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I am convinced you could make them and sell them. This is fab and in my favourite colour too.
    Well done on the three in one too.
    And such a good idea to sort out stamps I should do mine one day.
    Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ann, I'm sorry, no I don't like it....I LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is brilliant. Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. fab book - thanks for joining in the challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow fabulous notebook, loving the colours and the image is gorgeous :-)x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea!! Thank you for joining in with MTTC sparkle challenge :o) Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! And what an artistic way to re-acquaint yourself with your stash! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is wonderful and such a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love everything about it, another work of art Ann, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a lovely purple book! thanks for participating.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ann I've just been catching up on your last three posts. All are stunning projects. I don't know how you keep up with all the challenges - my brain goes into meltdown just thinking about it. :) Love the books - I'm a BIA fanatic myself. The stamp books are a great idea but you have to be organised to make them work. :)
    Just love this blog. Keep up the good work.
    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's lovely! a great idea - thanks for joining us for the challenge! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great book, you have some lovely cards too!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  15. great idea to do a book, this is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It looks great - thanks for joining in with the MTTC challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great Idea to put the sketch on a notebook!! Lovely colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. great design! thanks for taking part in this weeks challenge.

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x