Thursday, 20 March 2008

Egyptian Birthday Card




Hope you're all having a good day - I'm sharing a card with you today that I've made for my nephew's 7th birthday this weekend which also happens to fit in with Funky Fariy's challenge this week. The challenge was to cut up your card and I think this one should fit the bill on several counts! Now, this may seem a rather sophisticated card for a 7 year old, but his request was for an egyptian one! The image and backing papers come from Joanna Sheen's Egyptian adventures CD and Jamie just fell in love with this CD when I got it. I've done the overcoat again like I did for the Carnation Dancer card (please see the post for this card for details of Maria's tutorial) and once again the inside card holds the pieces of a jigsaw puzzle that I cut with my cuttlebug jigsaw die. Thank you for coming to look and I hope you like it.

Ann x

10 comments:

  1. WOW! This may be the first challenge card you've made this week, but you've certainly made a bobby dazzler Ann. It's stunning, I'm sure your nephew will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Ann.
    See you have pinched my rainbow too!!! lol
    Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow it is fantastic!! It must have taken ages!! I love the jigsaw included in the card! What a brill idea xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WoW!!! You have passed with flying colours!!! It's a fantastic card...and I'm sure your nephew will be thrilled with it ^.^

    Many thanks for joining in with the challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant - you did good girl!! He will love this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an absolutely brilliant card. Well done Ann!

    love Ros x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cracker. Well done! Must try that design myself. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing card, so many different parts to it.
    Certainly fits the bill for the challenge: Thanks for taking part.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic card and you certainly made a card that was perfect for this challenge. Many thanks for joining in with teh Funky Fairy challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous creation, amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x