Monday, 17 March 2008

DWS Carnation Dancer



Hope Monday is being good to you all. I have a quite heavy week for special birthdays and finally got my hubby's made (for tomorrow!!) - well it isn't easy when you're pretty much together 24/7! I've spent most of today making another special card, this time for my niece who'll be 7 at the weekend. I got both her and her twin brother into card making and ATC's last summer when we had them for a couple of weeks during the day while Mum was at work and both of them let me know what they would like on their cards while they were at it - 6 months in advance! I have also made this one for Rainbow Lady's challenge this week which is to use eyelets. I need to say a big thank you to two people for this -Maria for the tutorial for the "card with an overcoat" and Wendy for sharing her version with us and bringing it to my attention. It took me so long to do because I wanted to make an interactive card and it took a wee bit of figuring out. My niece is a dancer and wanted that as her theme so the image and backing paper I chose is from Joanna Sheen's Dancing with Shadows CD and the dancer has been decoupaged. The two front flaps of the overcoat has been embossed courtesy of the cuttlebug and the envelope pockets on the inside of the inner card hold a photo of her that's been put through the cuttlebug jigsaw die but she won't know it's her till she makes the jigsaw. The Happy Birthday Zoe was cut out of mirri card using my craft robo - I mention this because I consider it to be a major achievement! Just got to do another one for her brother now - egyptian themed for him. Phew!! Thanks for sticking with this long post and thank you for coming to look.
Ann x

6 comments:

  1. Wowee you have excelled yourself here Ann. Very well done it is so lovely and I am sure your niece will treasure it.
    Thanks for joining in again
    and the birthday wished
    Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Ann, I love this CD the images are so romantic and this dancer will be perfect for your niece

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your niece will be over the moon to receive such a beautiful and special card Ann!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW amazing card Ann and im sure your niece will love it
    wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow this is gorgeous, I love the design and the images are fabulous. Something gorgeous for your neice to treasure - I love :-)x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excuse my tardiness in visiting Ann - work has got in the way this week! I love your overcoat card and am so pleased you liked Maria's tutorial! A special card that I am sure your Niece will treasure!

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x