Saturday, 22 March 2008

Challenges to support a challenge


I haven't been able to do much for challenges this week but I've managed three in one with this one. It's for My Time to Craft -quotes and sayings, Cardvaarks - fruit & veg and TGIF - ribbons. I'm having a bit of a battle with my weight at present and for various reasons it's proving to be hard to shift so I decided to make myself a weight loss journal. I've made the whole thing including creating the pages in publisher just ready for me to fill in and bound it with my bind-it-all machine so I will definitely use it! I used a beautiful gold speckled card for the covers and decorated the front of it. The large panel is made from canvas effect card that I coloured with shimmer chalks and then stamped words from the See D's A Word or Two stamp set using versafine vintage sepia. The tag is made the same way using a rubbadubbadoo stamp - a little tongue in cheek to help keep a sense of perspective! The peaches are from Joanna Sheen's Victorian Companion CD and the pear is a rubbadubbadoo stamp that's been stamped in versafine vintage sepia and coloured in using shimmer chalks again. If this doesn't keep me on the straight and narrow nothing will! Thank you for coming to take a peek and I hope it makes you smile.

Ann x

16 comments:

  1. Love your journal, it's great and I hope it helps in your weight loss campaign, the chocolate comment made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Ann this is a wonderful book. Really gorgeous design. Love it.

    Thanks for playing TGiF again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful - a triple whammy too! Thanks for doing the My Time To Craft and good luck with the weight loss! I could do with some pointy boots aimed at me to do something similar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous journal, good luck with the weight loss

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous idea Ann and it looks great. I could do with joining you on the weight loss trail. Good luck.
    Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea - thanks for taking part in our MTTC challenge too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous journal Ann, (I'm jealous now!) and well done for managing a 3 in 1 for the challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous idea and wonderful homegrown journal ... wishing you lots of success.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea...three in one and a weight loss journal. Love the peaches, they look really yummy. Stay away from the Easter eggs - good luck with the weight loss! I am trying to lose as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This works REALLY well. Has a wonderful rich look about it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a wonderful book, great design!

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely design and great colours - I love it

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great idea! Good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, such a wonderful art work - thank you so much for participating TGiF... ;o)

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x