Friday, 28 March 2008

Blue Christmas


It's 6.30pm as I write this and It's still light outside - I do like the light nights and when the clocks change this weekend it will be even better and it'll feel like spring could be on the way after all......so, what have I been doing today? Yup - making a christmas card! Such are the vagaries of crafting I suppose - this one is for Rainbow Lady's challenge and Cynthia wants us to make a christmas card this week on the them of big tree, little tree. I decided to use traditional images but non-traditional colours for this one. The blue marble backing paper is from Joanna Sheen's Dancing with Shadows CD and the stamps are: words - woodware, large tree - creative stamping and small tree - Rubber stampede. The large tree was stamped in black and is layered 4 times using the natural lines in the design then I used blue and white glitter and a small blue 'gem' for the top. The small trees were stamped with versamark and embossed with stamp n stuff blue embossing tinsel then mounted onto the upright white ribbon on 3D foam. The words and small stars were stamped with ultramarine stazon. It's one card less for later on and I've enjoyed taking a slightly different approach. Thank you for coming to look and I hope it gives you some inspiration.

Ann x

6 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card Ann. Love the colours and the big tree looks so real with the snow effect. Thanks for joining in and that's one less for December to make.
    Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, yoiu're quick off the mark. It's lovely and great to see "non Christmas" colours.

    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is lovely! I really like how you layered the large tree and the glitter looks wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Ann. It's hard to feel Christmassy at the moment but at least you have got one in your stash! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Ann, I love the blues, such an original take on the christmas theme.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Check out my blog for a little surpise today
    Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x