Wednesday, 20 February 2008

Wedding Announcement


Morning all, I hope you're having a good one wherever you are. The card I'm showing you this morning is for My Time To Craft Challenge - Lace it up. It's not a new card but it is one that's special to me. When we got married last year, we decided that at our age we should be able to have the day we wanted so we went to see the registrar and asked her for the first available date! The upshot was that 15 days later, we took our two witnesses and became man and wife. It was a beautiful, intimate ceremony and a day we will remember for ever. The following day I posted out the announcement cards I'd made to let everyone know. As it happens, the cards I made fit in with this challenge so I wanted to use it. The lace is stamped from a 12" four sided stamp but I'm afraid that I can't remember the name of the company. The butterfly stamp came from a QVC set a few years back. All were stamped onto vellum (the butterfly twice) embossed with gold ultra fine and the butterfly was decoupaged and came to rest on a gold mirri heart. The words are from a rubbadubbadoo set.

Thank you for coming to take a look

Annx

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking part in this weeks challenge, lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card all the more special because of your treasured memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous and Elegant - love it! Thanks for joining us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is really fabulous ... very appropriate and classy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ann that is stunning. I had that butterfly and I couldn't make anything with it that looked good. This is super and no wonder it is special to you. A worthy entry to the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card - thank you for joining in with our challenge! xxx

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x