Friday, 22 February 2008

Shades of green


I've had such a lovely time making this. I can't believe how my creativity has been revitalised by taking part in challenges - and I've only been doing them since last weekend! Today I'm showing you an ATC and this one is going to be a triple whammy - I take part in a forum ATC swap and this month's theme is "shades of green". I have to confess that I was struggling to come up with an idea - then the wonderful Cynthia started her new challenge blog and it just fell into place. The first challenge on Rainbow Lady's Challenge Blog is to use acetate in a project. One of my favourite things to do with acetate is to glitter it on what will be the underside, so here I've used the middle sections of a medallion with different shades of green glitter. I created the base ATC by stippling two different shades of green chalk inks to form the base and then over stipled with 3 shades of green twinkling H2Os (not sure the lovely glisten shows up too well in the photo). Then I stamped some swirls in egyptian gold H2O painted onto the stamp - first time I've tried that one. I finished it off with a skeleton leaf underneath the medallion topper and a couple of tiny green hearts. Shades of green also fit in with the Arty Girlz challenge this week so I have entered that for the first time too! This feels like it's turned into an essay - but I hope you enjoy what you see and thank you for coming to look. Thanks to Cynthia, this has now become a quadruple whammy because I've just entered it for the Thank God it's Friday - backgrounds challenge too!

Ann x

17 comments:

  1. Wow you have certainly done well here Ann. It is a lovely atc and congrats on the triple whammy, however you could go for four if you enter this challenge too http://thankgoditsfriday.wordpress.com/ as their challenge is to create your own backgrounds. Your background is super and a technique I have not tried - yet.
    Many thanks for entering my challenge.
    Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann this is absolutely gorgeous WOW!!!!

    Thanks for joining in with Arty Girlz I hope you continue to do so :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful! Love the shades of green.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow stunning ATC Ann i love the madalion,

    Thanks for joining in with the Arty Girlz challenge.

    crissi xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wooow what a perfect piece. Like the glimmer effect. Thanks for playing TGiF.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow that is fantastic Ann. I love it.

    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. fantastic, wonderful , great
    nice atc

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is absolutely stunning - what a fabulous art work ! And big hugs to Cynthia for her tipp on our challenge too... ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. very, very pretty - and a quadruple!! Challenges are so much fun and I agree with you - they get your muse going, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this is gorgeous, I love the shades of green and the stamp is lovely. :-)
    Love the glitter too

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ann this is beautiful, an ATC anyone would love to swap. You are very talented :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the colours! Beautiful ATC!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is a lovely work from you - great background - I love your colours

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous medallion, looks very sparkly.

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x