Tuesday, 19 February 2008

Beach Scene


I've got a couple of people I owe thanks to for this today - Wendy because if it wasn't for her, I would have missed this challenge and Cynthia whose brilliant stampscapes gave rise to the idea of using these stamps in the way I have. The challenge is Theme Thursday - By The Sea and I'm delighted for the opportunity to use some of my favourite stamps. The stamps used are from Joanna Sheen's On the Beach set. I stamped them using a stazon stone grey ink pad and masked different parts to allow me to create a little 'scene'. I coloured them with erwent water colours but kept them fairly weak because I was after a colour wash effect - though I think I need a bit more practice! Then it's been very simply matted. The four shells were stamped from a See D's morsels set, water coloured and cut out then attatched to the corners with silicone glue and proved to be most fiddle of it all!

Hope you're all having a wonderful day


Ann x

10 comments:

  1. Oh Ann, this is just beautiful, what a fantastic scenic card, well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooooooooow this is so lovely piece. Great artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Ann that is such a wonderful creation. I love it. You could also do the background with alcohol inks. Thanks for the thanks too.
    I must get on and do mine for this challenge too.
    Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous card - I love it - it's like a little story. A fabulous scene and beautifully tinted with colour.

    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fantastic, I love how you have built the scene up from the individual stamp

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous - I love the little scene you have created with these stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's lovely Ann, so whimsical and gentle. Your colouring hits exactly the right note.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just a wonderful scene. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh what an beautiful scenic !!!

    great !!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x