Thursday, 28 February 2008

ATC Holder



This is one of those projects that took longer than expected because it started off going in one direction and then I had a change of heart and did something else! The idea for this came from a Making Cards magazine special for men. They used 3 brown envelopes and tags and as soon as I saw it I had a fancy for turning it into an ATC holder - it can hold four as it is or 6 if you put 2 false half envelope flaps on the back. I decided to make this one for the Tanda Teaser challenge this week which is to make a card out of one piece of paper - embellishments and stamping are allowed - I hope my ATC holder still qualifies. I had already made my own envelopes from quite a heavy gsm cartridge paper and then covered them with paper from Dovecraft and stamped words from the See D's a word or two set in versafine sepia. I cut out two ovals for the front and put the bigger one through the cuttlebug and stamped a lily from a rubbadubbadoo stamp set in the middle of the smaller one and embossed it with sprinkle 'n sparkle patina embossing powder. before assembling I edged everything with a gold pentouch pen and added a black satin ribbon for keeping it closed. I hope you like it and thank you for coming to look.

Ann x

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous creation Ann you clever thing you! It is just lovely and useful as well.
    Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh very nice Ann and perfect for the challenge! Thanks for doing the Tanda Teaser this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you made the paper yourself. Very creative and a beautiful piece of work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is perfect Ann, if you don't mind I have sent your page to a friend of mine in the US, who teaches ATC classes.

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x